Steaks.

Posted 969 day(s) ago by wendyaveli242079 Views 2842 Replies
Page 7 of 57 5 6 7 8 9 17
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    lol...
    you're arguing and getting emotional about how i cooked MY steak....that was delicious....
    what's wrong with you?

regardless how hot the grill was....the sear did its job.....get it?
    do you know anything about grilling steaks? i mean....good quality steaks....
    The problem is there WAS NO SEAR!!! Why is that so hard to comprehend? You can't sear a steak at 300 degrees, and by the lack of red coals and gray meat, it probably wasn't even 300 degrees yet. And next time, place the steak at a 45 degree angle to the grates.

By the way, Hasty Bake offers grilling classes, you should enroll, I could teach you plenty about how to use it.

In before Heisman.
    The following users like this post: Mixer!

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    The problem is there WAS NO SEAR!!! Why is that so hard to comprehend? You can't sear a steak at 300 degrees, and by the lack of red coals and gray meat, it probably wasn't even 300 degrees yet. And next time, place the steak at a 45 degree angle to the grates.

By the way, Hasty Bake offers grilling classes, you should enroll, I could teach you plenty about how to use it.

the sear was very effective....
    20 minutes on a plate and very little juice seepage...
    after they were on the dinner plate..... juice everywhere...
    like i said....i don't cook for looks....
    the steaks were incredible.....just amazing...

There was a sear, 87 said so himself! And he knows this because it was so damn tasty! You all are some dense mfer's

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    In before Heisman.

amazing how steak ****s get so emotional over a steak they aren't ever going to enjoy...
    it's entertaining when people who think they know something.....find out they really don't....

amazing how steak ****s get so emotional over a steak they aren't ever going to enjoy...
    it's entertaining when people who think they know something.....find out they really don't....
    It's even more entertaining when they don't find out.
    3 users like oucub23's post: brokebacksooner, bushmaster06, SixBean

I picture you talking into the mirror.."and by gosh people like me!"..

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    I picture you talking into the mirror.."and by gosh people like me!"..

i picture you guys all sitting around a big table ....at western sizzlin...
    and then bush comes out of the kitchen and asks you how your steaks taste...

i picture you guys all sitting around a big table ....at western sizzlin...
    and then bush comes out of the kitchen and asks you how your steaks taste...
    Funny, your steak looks like what I picture a Western Sizzlin steak to look like.

Funny, your steak looks like what I picture a Western Sizzlin steak to look like.
    I was thinking the same thing. Lol

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I posted this earlier. It needs to be revisited I think. 14 Michelin stars.

cub, the video stops after he let the steak rest... do you have a link to part 2 where he tells us how long to cook it after it has rested? surely gordon ramsay knows the proper way to cook a steak.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by beech View Post
    cub, the video stops after he let the steak rest... do you have a link to part 2 where he tells us how long to cook it after it has rested? surely gordon ramsay knows the proper way to cook a steak.
    Gordon Ramsay is just a dumbazzz that probably eats at Western Sizzzzzlin
    The following users like this post: beech

why do you grill steaks using the sear/rest/cook method?

fried steak.....wow...
    no wonder you guys like western sizzlin....

fried steak.....wow...
    Ramsay doesn't work at Western Sizzlin'. He's the guy that started Golden Corral ... isn't that right?
    The following users like this post: 1stTimeCaller

fried steak.....wow...
    let me paint a picture for you.... i am sitting at a table and there are 2 steaks in front of me, on the left is yours, the right is bushys. despite how badazzz your steak might taste, there is no way in hell i'm going to choose yours over his well presented steak, and i would seriously question if you were trying to feed me a pork chop.

let me paint a picture for you.... i am sitting at a table and there are 2 steaks in front of me, on the left is yours, the right is bushys. despite how badazzz your steak might taste, there is no way in hell i'm going to choose yours over his well presented steak, and i would seriously question if you were trying to feed me a pork chop.
    I'll just go out on a limb here. Let's leave Bush out of this. If Gordon offers me a steak, and 87 offers me a steak, which am I going to choose?

I'll just go out on a limb here. Let's leave Bush out of this. If Gordon offers me a steak, and 87 offers me a steak, which am I going to choose?
    if anyone offers me a fried steak....i'm going to pass...
    and if someone offers me a steak grilled over gas....i might eat it if it's free....

if anyone offers me a fried steak....i'm going to pass...
    and if someone offers me a steak grilled over gas....i might eat it if it's free....
    And see, this is where you and I differ. I'm comfortable enough with myself and who I am to realize that there are people in this world that know more about things than I do, and when I find them, I tend to listen to their input and then use what they've offered. You, clearly, do not feel this way, and believe that the 87 way is the truly best way, and that there is nobody anywhere that could possibly teach you anything. That's fine for you. I enjoy learning new things, finding new and better ways of doing things, and trying things even if I find that I prefer my old way of doing things better. Truly though, you are missing out on a lot of the world when you refuse to step outside of your bubble from time to time.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

87...did you have your hastybake.....when you were camping....in the walmart parking lot? I...did not see it in the video...

And see, this is where you and I differ. I'm comfortable enough with myself and who I am to realize that there are people in this world that know more about things than I do, and when I find them, I tend to listen to their input and then use what they've offered. You, clearly, do not feel this way, and believe that the 87 way is the truly best way, and that there is nobody anywhere that could possibly teach you anything. That's fine for you. I enjoy learning new things, finding new and better ways of doing things, and trying things even if I find that I prefer my old way of doing things better. Truly though, you are missing out on a lot of the world when you refuse to step outside of your bubble from time to time.
    that's funny...really funny...
    have you actually read the last 3 pages of the thread?
    your post doesn't apply to me...
    it applies to the "you don't rest a steak and then cook it again crowd"....
    i've never said i won't try or haven't eaten a fried/gas grilled steak.....or you can't possibly cook them that way....
    i presented a new method that i tried and liked......that i learned from someone else....get it?
    i posted this method on page 3.....did you try it? did you even read it?
    yes....we probly differ......but it's you who likely belongs to the "you don't rest a steak and then cook it again" crowd...

i've never said i won't try or haven't eaten a fried/gas grilled steak.......
    if anyone offers me a fried steak....i'm going to pass.......
    The following users like this post: HellVol

that's funny...really funny...
    have you actually read the last 3 pages of the thread?
    your post doesn't apply to me...
    it applies to the "you don't rest a steak and then cook it again crowd"....
    i've never said i won't try or haven't eaten a fried/gas grilled steak.....or you can't possibly cook them that way....
    i presented a new method that i tried and liked......that i learned from someone else....get it?
    i posted this method on page 3.....did you try it? did you even read it?
    yes....we probly differ......but it's you who likely belongs to the "you don't rest a steak and then cook it again" crowd...
    I don't have an Egg, that the guy in your link uses. You did specifically say that you wouldn't try it if it was 'fried' and would only consider eating gas grilled if it was free.

I doubt seriously I would try your method though--not from refusal to try new things, but rather putting it back on the fire would lead to it being overcooked for my taste. Once I get a good sear on my steaks, that's about all I do to them. They rest for several minutes, and then they're ready. Putting them back on, or in an oven as someone else suggested, would lead to them being overdone. I have tried overcooked steaks before, and know that I'm not a fan.

I don't have an Egg, that the guy in your link uses. You did specifically say that you wouldn't try it if it was 'fried' and would only consider eating gas grilled if it was free.

I doubt seriously I would try your method though--not from refusal to try new things, but rather putting it back on the fire would lead to it being overcooked for my taste. Once I get a good sear on my steaks, that's about all I do to them. They rest for several minutes, and then they're ready. Putting them back on, or in an oven as someone else suggested, would lead to them being overdone. I have tried overcooked steaks before, and know that I'm not a fan.
    i said if i was offered 2...i would choose the one i prefer.......not that i wouldn't try something new.....
    i've grilled literally hundreds of steaks over the past 15 years ....we butcher a steer every year.......on gas....on a traeger.......i now have a method i prefer...
    i've eaten filets in fine restaurants.....it's a crime when some of them are actually fried or cooked on a griddle....imo...
    again..i prefer grilled over charcoal...

i've never checked the temp after i sear my steaks but i doubt they're ready to eat after 60-90 seconds each side.....

i googled "87sooner steak recipe" and i got this

3 users like beech's post: brokebacksooner, HellVol, ThievingMagpie

why do you grill steaks using the sear/rest/cook method?
    I will never use your method of cooking a steak.

I will never use your method of cooking a steak.
    guess i misunderstood this post..

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post2249069

87dumbazz's new title will henceforth be "greysteak"

Mods, make it happen.
    2 users like SoonerArtillery's post: oucub23, Sieve

Hmm pretty sure that was sarcasm. Geeze man, you can't even comprehend simple things. No wonder you don't get the complexities of how to properly sear a good steak.
    The following users like this post: SixBean

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    87dumbazz's new title will henceforth be "greysteak"

Mods, make it happen.
    his new avatar should be "gandalf the greysteak"

the sear was very effective....
    20 minutes on a plate and very little juice seepage...
    after they were on the dinner plate..... juice everywhere...
    like i said....i don't cook for looks....
    the steaks were incredible.....just amazing...
    You don't cook for looks?

When you cook something properly, it looks amazing. You don't have to cook for looks for your food to look appetizing. It does it by itself.

hmmm. It's kind of heartwarming to see all the love for 87. You know, the pathetic little stalker who has spent the entire last year or so of his life trying to prove me a liar? And still can't, and never will? He won't take the 1 million dollar challenge. Hell, he won't even take the $1 challenge. He's a strange little punk who actually spends time; quality time he could be spending with his family, trying to prove someone wrong. And fails. Every time. It's very sad.

Plus, he wouldn't know a great steak from a slice of bologna.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    hmmm. It's kind of heartwarming to see all the love for 87. You know, the pathetic little stalker who has spent the entire last year or so of his life trying to prove me a liar? And still can't, and never will? He won't take the 1 million dollar challenge. Hell, he won't even take the $1 challenge. He's a strange little punk who actually spends time; quality time he could be spending with his family, trying to prove someone wrong. And fails. Every time. It's very sad.

Plus, he wouldn't know a great steak from a slice of bologna.
    at least i can afford a great steak.....
    and my hasty bake is probly worth more than your trailer....

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    You don't cook for looks?

When you cook something properly, it looks amazing. You don't have to cook for looks for your food to look appetizing. It does it by itself.
    it's not a priority...
    if it turns out looking good.....i guess maybe that's a plus...
    i'm far more concerned about the taste...

if something tastes bad....you damn sure won't hear me say "but it sure looked good"...

his new avatar should be "gandalf the greysteak"

Lmao

it's not a priority...
    if it turns out looking good.....i guess maybe that's a plus...
    i'm far more concerned about the taste...

if something tastes bad....you damn sure won't hear me say "but it sure looked good"...
    Ohhh bullshit. 99.9% of the time great tasting food also looks great. Same goes for bad looking food . If it doesn't look good it usually doesn't taste appealing either. You are trying to be a spin Dr and sir. You are failing.

Whoooooosh!

That was sarcasm flying right over your head!

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    Ohhh bullshit. 99.9% of the time great tasting food also looks great. Same goes for bad looking food . If it doesn't look good it usually doesn't taste appealing either. You are trying to be a spin Dr and sir. You are failing.
    i really don't care which direction the grill marks run on my steak....
    did i mention my steaks tasted just amazing ?
    i'll probly cook some ribeyes this weekend....gotta make room for the new side of beef.....

Hollow words. Put your money where your stupidity is.

And until you're ready to bet, I'm out. Talk is cheap, and it's all you have. The meek shall inherit the earth. I'm going meek. You're simply not worth the effort.

Fess up, it's a Suburban or Legacy model isn't it?

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Hollow words. Put your money where your stupidity is.

And until you're ready to bet, I'm out. Talk is cheap, and it's all you have. The meek shall inherit the earth. I'm going meek. You're simply not worth the effort.

liar

87, dude, that started looking like a good cut of meat, but that sear looked like the $4.99 after midnight special at the Horseshoe I had 15 years ago.

And Sly needs to quit turning every thread you post in into a wrestling promo.
    3 users like SoonerAtty's post: AcousticSoup, brokebacksooner, oucub23

Fess up, it's a Suburban or Legacy model isn't it?
    legacy...
    i bought it on craigslist for $300.....
    i wanted to make sure i liked it before i spent $1k on a grill and i was also considering the built-in model...
    i like the portable that i can move around to get the best air flow..

Originally Posted by SoonerAtty View Post
    87, dude, that started looking like a good cut of meat, but that sear looked like the $4.99 after midnight special at the Horseshoe I had 15 years ago.

And Sly needs to quit turning every thread you post in into a wrestling promo.
    a sear holds in juices....
    makes no difference to me how it looks...
    btw...the steaks were fantastic....
    a little sea salt and some pepper....a chunk of hickory......and that's it..

don't mind deen.....just mention his trailer and he crawls away...

legacy...
    i bought it on craigslist for $300.....
    i wanted to make sure i liked it before i spent $1k on a grill and i was also considering the built-in model...
    i like the portable that i can move around to get the best air flow..
    So you have the Honda Civic of Hasty Bake grills.
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

So you have the Honda Civic of Hasty Bake grills.
    if you say so sixbeans
    is there a difference in how each model cooks?

Well shit, guess my steaks are over-seared

The following users like this post: wendyaveli

87's steak still had marks from the jockey whipping it!
    4 users like 1stTimeCaller's post: AcousticSoup, HellVol, Mixer!, SoonerAtty

if you say so sixbeans
    is there a difference in how each model cooks?
    Does an Acura MDX drive different than a Civic?

And there's definitely a difference in the way I cook on mine as opposed to the way you "cook" on yours.

I really wish you'd quit throwing their name around, you're giving them a bad name.