Francis Bean doesn't like Nirvana

Posted 1019 day(s) ago by traxx4477 Views 65 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

The video is down everywhere.
    The following users like this post: Mixer!

Originally Posted by ProudSoonerMom View Post
    Never was a fan, maybe I am a bit to old. Smells Like Teen Spirit was ok.
    I didn't love that song when it was released and I was in its target demographic, and I really don't like it now.
    The following users like this post: ProudSoonerMom

Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    The video is down everywhere.
    UMG likely had Vimeo shut the video down shortly after the story posted over copyright issues.

If you haven’t checked out the documentary “Montage of Heck” you really should. Gives a very good look into who Kurt Cobain was, and why he was.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC View Post
    If you haven’t checked out the documentary “Montage of Heck” you really should. Gives a very good look into who Kurt Cobain was, and why he was.
    Drugs?

Originally Posted by soonerson View Post
    Drugs?
    Sure, but that part was pretty obvious to most. This would go a little deeper than that, or else it would be like 38 seconds long. And nobody is paying for a 38 second documentary. Not to see it, not to make it.
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

of most all those great seattle bands -- nirvana, alice in chains, soundgarden, mudhoney, etc etc -- the melvins are still out there crushing it.

The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Cobain killed himself?
    He OD'd on tide-pods, keep up.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    He OD'd on tide-pods, keep up.
    I posted that well over two years ago. You should practice what you preach, mead.

I posted that well over two years ago. You should practice what you preach, mead.
    I was very aware of the date on your posts aware that the tidepods discussion was very recent.....that's what made it funny to me.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    How The Autotuned ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ Explains Everything Wrong With Pop Music

Video has apparently been blocked. Link below takes you to a sound clip of the song.

https://soundcloud.com/sleepgood/nir...sleep-good-mix

Some interesting comments regarding compression and loss of dynamics, along with several dozen posters pimping their personal faves.
    Interesting article. He also links this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/dannyro.../#5e01bffc4ded

I know it makes me sound like an old man, but I just don't get the music that's popular now. It has no soul to it. It's all corporate. It's mostly made by computers and not by people using their hands.

My son's band is going to play in his school's battle of the bands show again this year. It's sometimes difficult for them to pick out songs that they enjoy playing but will also be at least somewhat familiar or enjoyable for the other kids. My son listens to (and plays) Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, Pink Floyd, Van Halen etc. But most kids don't listen to any of that today.

EDIT: If you search on youtube, you can probably find the song. That's what I did.
    3 users like traxx's post: Mixer!, SiggyPoke, soonerson

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Interesting article. He also links this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/dannyro.../#5e01bffc4ded

I know it makes me sound like an old man, but I just don't get the music that's popular now. It has no soul to it. It's all corporate. It's mostly made by computers and not by people using their hands.

My son's band is going to play in his school's battle of the bands show again this year. It's sometimes difficult for them to pick out songs that they enjoy playing but will also be at least somewhat familiar or enjoyable for the other kids. My son listens to (and plays) Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, Pink Floyd, Van Halen etc. But most kids don't listen to any of that today.

EDIT: If you search on youtube, you can probably find the song. That's what I did.
    Based solely on the type of music that's popular today and teens eating tide pods, this world's going to hell in a hand basket.

2 users like SiggyPoke's post: soonerson, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I watched the first 3 minutes.

The bottom line is, artists like the Beatles wrote and played their own songs. They gave a shit what they sounded like, and they had a passion for it.

They were accountable to themselves.

Bieber could not care less. He just follows a script, and if the record doesn't sell, its the fault of the producer or writer, not the performer.

Based solely on the type of music that's popular today and teens eating tide pods, this world's going to hell in a hand basket.

That's the best deal you're going to get.

(Was watching it again just last night.)