Sons of Anarchy

Posted 1113 day(s) ago 7875 Views 273 Replies
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3

Television Sons of Anarchy

Just started watching it on Netflix. I'm 5 episodes in. Excellent show. Anyone else watch?

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Love it! New season should be starting up soon.

Sept. 6 is the first show for this season.

Yeah, pretty good stuff.

Best drama on TV by far. Best writing and incredible acting. Katey Sagal should be winning awards for her role as Gemma. New season is going to kick ass.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I recently watched all of the episodes and am looking forward to the new season.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!!!

SPOILER BELOW!!!
    I will admit that while this series is awesome season 3 was somewhat annoying as I thought the whole struggle to get the damn baby back dragged on WAY too long. Also it was annoying how everything and I mean every damn thing that could go wrong went wrong until the very end. IMO it went way too long between satisfying developments is season 3. I could also have lived without the entire season basically taking place in Ireland and focusing on that situation. Another thing is they made Gemma do some dumbass shit that IMO she never would have done as she would have been to smart to make some of the moves they had her character make in season 3. Same goes for Jaxs as his flippant attitude towards his doctor GF was annoying and was out of character IMO. I understand that he was freaking out because his child was taken but still they made him act annoying towards his doctor GF when it really wasn't necessary or in character IMO.

Other than these things this is a top notch series.

Ireland storyline was long but crucial for moving the series as a whole along. Jax had to find out some things about his dad and about the club in order to set up the big reveals coming down the line in his dad's murder.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner
    I recently watched all of the episodes and am looking forward to the new season.
    I will admit that while this series is awesome season 3 was somewhat annoying as I thought the whole struggle to get the damn baby back dragged on WAY too long. Also it was annoying how everything and I mean every damn thing that could go wrong went wrong until the very end. IMO it went way too long between satisfying developments is season 3. I could also have lived without the entire season basically taking place in Ireland and focusing on that situation. Another thing is they made Gemma do some dumbass shit that IMO she never would have done as she would have been to smart to make some of the moves they had her character make in season 3. Same goes for Jaxs as his flippant attitude towards his doctor GF was annoying and was out of character IMO. I understand that he was freaking out because his child was taken but still they made him act annoying towards his doctor GF when it really wasn't necessary or in character IMO.

Other than these things this is a top notch series.
    I agree. Jax took on a little too much pussification in all that. And I just don't understand the on and off between him and the GF.

[youtube:39lnz777]aTZokgFfmR0[/youtube:39lnz777]

Great show. F/X really has some good shows going. It's Always Sunny, The League, Louie, Archer. SOA is the best show on tv imo.

SOA is the best show on tv imo.
    +1

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by ThatGuy65
    Just started watching it on Netflix. I'm 5 episodes in. Excellent show. Anyone else watch?
    Two of my set medics work the show...I worked a couple shoots and work some here and there...Want me to find out the scoop on storylines?

Awesome awesome show!

Looking forward to this season.

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner
    Two of my set medics work the show...I worked a couple shoots and work some here and there...Want me to find out the scoop on storylines?
    Kinda

No. I need to figure out a way to watch Season 3 before I get into spoilers. Netflix only has Seasons 1 and 2 streaming. Anyone know where I can watch Season 3?

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

No. I need to figure out a way to watch Season 3 before I get into spoilers. Netflix only has Seasons 1 and 2 streaming. Anyone know where I can watch Season 3?
    No worries, I can tell you everything before you see it.

No worries, I can tell you everything before you see it.
    I'm sure you'd love that. :RAGE:

I'm trying to watch an episode of Futurama right now and, after watching SOA, I can't do it without expecting Leela to get in some ****'s face and threaten their life.

iTunes.

Originally Posted by Mrowl
    iTunes.
    I think they're showing the last three shows of last season on regular TV. Just DVR it. I'm ganna watch them just to freshen up.

Originally Posted by Mrowl
    iTunes.
    Thank you. I was hoping for a cheaper option. I may bit torrent.

How many times has Jax said he's done with SAMCRO? He ain't done with shit. Can't wait for this season.

Season 4 premier on now.

Pretty good start to the season. It was a little slow in the middle, but more than made up for it in the last 10 minute

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Pretty good start to the season. It was a little slow in the middle, but more than made up for it in the last 10 minute
    I was very pleased with the season premiere

Yeah, pretty good opener. I really needed a primer at the beginning. Completely forgot what happened at the end of last season.

In the last two weeks I watched the first 3 seasons and and just started season 4 today. I will be ready for 5 to kick on sep 11. Love this show!

Originally Posted by texassoonerabs View Post
    Best drama on TV by far.
    I've never watched it but I find this statement hard to believe.

People have their favorites. It's subjective. But I can't imagine that Breaking Bad is such a steaming pile of worthless crap that SOA beats it by that far. I wish FX would rerun all the episodes starting at the beginning so I could catch up with it. I've heard good things about it.

They sort of lost me with the trip to Ireland and all. That and the way they seem to be able to go and do what they want without any notice sort of stretches my patience. There have been some good stories but I didn't watch last season - I think the last one I saw was when they killed the FBI ****(how many unbelievable story lines was she in?) and the Irish guy.

Originally Posted by ThatGuy65 View Post
    season 3 is on netflix, that's where I watched it.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I've never watched it but I find this statement hard to believe.

People have their favorites. It's subjective. But I can't imagine that Breaking Bad is such a steaming pile of worthless crap that SOA beats it by that far. I wish FX would rerun all the episodes starting at the beginning so I could catch up with it. I've heard good things about it.
    I'd put them at about even. Both really good; I don't watch that much TV, but I def watch these two.

Hmmm..just saw a preview with a Jimmy Smits sighting. That might be interesting. And Ron Pearlman on oxygen? What happened there?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    And Ron Pearlman on oxygen? What happened there?
    We just finished a season 4 marathon earlier today.....Clay was shot in one of the last episodes, and had to have emergency surgery and is recovering in the hospital....

Any idea when Netflix will have season 4?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Any idea when Netflix will have season 4?
    I don't think it has been released on dvd yet, I am sure they will have it as soon as that is released. Should be pretty soon with season 5 starting next month.

Where did you see it?

Season 5 kicks off tonight....who is in?
    2 users like SoonerArtillery's post: Julz, suncoastsooner

Can't wait. Curious how they're going to keep Clay around.

HELL YEAHS

Pumped! From the previews we still don't know what Opie does although he has to join Jax at the head of the table.

Clay needs to die.
    The following users like this post: Boomer.....

Never watched it but have seen previews and does everyone on the show have a huge face?

Rumor has it that someone with a huge part in the show dies tonight.

quite an opening scene with Gemma.

Originally Posted by boomersooner53 View Post
    quite an opening scene with Gemma.
    Has any guest star ever had a better opening scene than what Jimmy Smits had tonight?

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An actor whose character died a violent death on the TV drama "Sons of Anarchy" plunged to his death in a driveway after apparently killing his landlady and attacking neighbors near Hollywood, police said Thursday.

Johnny Lewis, who played Kip "Half-Sack" Epps in the FX show, is the only suspect in the death of 81-year-old Catherine Davis, according to Los Angeles police.

Authorities found them dead Wednesday morning after neighbors reported a woman screaming inside the home, Cmdr. Andrew Smith said.

Lewis' death ended in a turbulent nearly 10-month span during which he was repeatedly arrested and officials expressed concerns about his mental health and the danger he posed to others.

The home where Davis was found had been ransacked, glass was shattered and a dead cat was found.

Neighbors said a man had jumped a fence and assaulted a painter and homeowner next door.

The body of Lewis, 28, was found in the driveway. He could have jumped or fallen from the roof, garage or balcony, or tumbled down stairs from a patio area, Smith said.

Coroner's investigative division Lt. Fred Corral said an autopsy found Davis' cause of death was blunt head trauma and manual strangulation.

Lewis' autopsy results will have to wait for toxicology tests to be completed, said Corral.

The deaths came about four months after a probation official expressed grave concern about Lewis' mental health. The report was prepared in a case in which Lewis was accused of attempting to break into the home of a woman in Santa Monica, Calif., and it described him as a transient. That case came about six weeks after Lewis hit two men over the head with a bottle during a fight.

The probation official wrote of being "very concerned for the well-being of not only the community but that of the defendant."

The May 17 report goes on to state that "the defendant suffers from some form of chemical dependency, mental health issue and a lack of permanent housing. Given this, (Lewis) will continue to be a threat to any community he may reside."

Within days, Lewis was released to a treatment facility and he pleaded no contest to attempting to break into the home in mid-August.

He was placed on three years of supervised probation, sentenced to time-served in jail and no follow-up hearing was scheduled, court records show.

Lewis' attorney Jonathan Mandel said the actor had serious mental issues that seemed to surface fairly recently. He said Lewis' parents and others had tried desperately to help him.

"Johnny Lewis had a lot of problems, a lot of mental problems," Mandel said by phone Thursday. "I recommended treatment for him but he declined it."

He continued, saying: "I give a lot of credit to his parents. They were really strong in trying to help him out. They really went to bat for him, but I guess they just couldn't do enough."

Lewis was released from Los Angeles County Jail a week ago, according to court records.

He had pleaded no contest to assault with a deadly weapon and attempted burglary in separate cases, according to the records.

"Obviously defendant's behavior is out of control and needs counseling afforded by a professional," another probation officer wrote in a report filed in Lewis' assault case.

Both probation reports state Lewis said he was earning about $20,000 a year as an actor in recent years, and he had been living with his parents when he was first arrested in January. In both cases, he was ordered to stay away from drugs.

Lewis' career spanned more than a decade, mainly in small roles. He played Ricky in the 2007 movie "AVPR: Aliens vs Predator — Requiem" and was Dennis "Chili" Childress for two seasons on TV's "The O.C." He also appeared in episodes of such popular television shows as "Boston Public," ''Judging Amy," ''Malcolm in the Middle" and "Drake & Josh."

He was on "Sons of Anarchy" in 2008 and 2009 before his character was killed off.

Kurt Sutter, the show's creator and executive producer, tweeted news of Lewis' death Thursday:

"It was a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way," Sutter wrote. "I wish I could say that I was shocked by the events last night, but I was not. I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path."

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Can't wait. Curious how they're going to keep Clay around.
    I want clay to die

The death scenes have been brutal this season.
    2 users like beelzeBob's post: CookiePuss, Sieve