'17 DT Marvin Wilson - Offer - Signed with FSU

Posted 554 day(s) ago by GoonerSooner170512 Views 1112 Replies
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 12
    Originally Posted by StoopsIsLoose View Post

I mean didn't he drive up from Houston? That's a long drive man. Maybe it was just a two birds with one stone trip and we'll get him back up here again. No sense in scrambling now fellas
    2 users like DirtyBob's post: IKE93, Sooner_117

Originally Posted by DirtyBob View Post
    I mean didn't he drive up from Houston? That's a long drive man. Maybe it was just a two birds with one stone trip and we'll get him back up here again. No sense in scrambling now fellas
    That's exactly what it is. It happens all the time. In fact, those stupid aggies need to be thankful they're located in our area. They use us to get visits from a ton of guys who are out of their league (and they trash us to them anyway).
    The following users like this post: DirtyBob

The only upside I see that let's us have a really solid chance is if we beat the **** of Houston and LSU has a bad year and fingers crossed that the ole head coach gets the boot.

Big write up on TFB. Here's some of it.

TFB had the chance to speak with someone who traveled with Wilson, then our own Brandon Drumm was actually able to speak with the 5-star defensive lineman himself. Here’s what we can tell you from both of those conversations.

*OU is now firmly in the Top 5 for Marvin Wilson.

*Wilson let TFB know he plans to return to Norman in July for a second visit.

*Wilson also said the plan as of right now is to use one of his five official visits for the OU/Ohio State game.

*Wilson noted that he has a great relationship with OU d-line coach Calvin Thibodeaux, and TFB has also been told by someone close to Wilson that “he loves Mike Stoops, loves his intensity.”

Wilson’s mother also came along for the trip to Norman, and TFB has been told she came away thoroughly impressed with Oklahoma as well. As we understand it, she is expected to make the return visit with Wilson when he heads back to Norman next month.
    After this past weekend, I believe OU can win with Wilson. But they have to actually win it. In other words, as a staff they have to collectively decide they are going to go ‘all in’ on Wilson and recruit him and everyone around him.
    Even though Wilson may say otherwise at the moment, I have a feeling that if all three teams are getting it done on the field this season, it’s going to be an OU, Texas & LSU battle.

Before this trip I wouldn’t have given OU that chance. Now I think they can win it, IF they want it bad enough. – (Super K)
    https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-...sson-open-post
    6 users like GoonerSooner's post: CrimsonOberon, IKE93, S00nerJay, tenten, theSeanDon, Vodnik

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    Big write up on TFB. Here's some of it.

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-...sson-open-post
    If this were past seasons, I would say give up on Wilson. However, OU seems like it's back to mid 2000's form in terms of talent and attraction, so ride this one out.

Originally Posted by StoopsIsLoose View Post
    It that a "hook em horns"?!

I have a hunch Thibs is going to pay off big time. Stoops knew how hard of worker he was getting when he hired him. That being said I don't know if we get this cat or not but I like the fact we're fighting.
    2 users like OUMick's post: DirtyBob, Vodnik

Looks like OU made his top 10

The following users like this post: HCF01

'17 DT Marvin Wilson - Offer - Undecided

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    Yeah, when you've got a dominant dt from that school who's an NFL pro bowler tweeting you.... You know what to do
    Boomer
    The following users like this post: HCF01

Thank you Gerald, it might not be enough to land this one kid but we need our legends involved in the program, make them remember what kind of players come from OU.

Also, how awesome would that be as a 17-18 year old having a NFL pro bowler contact you directly

Originally Posted by TheBorenSupremacy View Post
    Thank you Gerald, it might not be enough to land this one kid but we need our legends involved in the program, make them remember what kind of players come from OU.

Also, how awesome would that be as a 17-18 year old having a NFL pro bowler contact you directly

I'd be like "Great now I can't sleep!"

3 users like D1ehard5oon3r's post: andymancan20, melbitoast, TheBorenSupremacy

Gerald McCoy...still awesome after all these years.

FORMER SOONERS STAR GERALD MCCOY TWEETS AT TOP RECRUIT
    Gerald McCoy was an All-American during his time with the Sooners in Norman. Since heading to the NFL as the #3 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, McCoy has made four Pro Bowls, has been named an All-Pro three times, and in 2014 signed a 7-year contract for $98 million. Needless to say, he has lived every high school recruits dream to it’s fullest: top recruit, to top college player, to NFL multi-millionaire.
    So, when McCoy speaks, recruits listen.
    http://www.heartlandcollegesports.co...cruiting-2017/

6 users like Vodnik's post: boomer8390, CrimsonOberon, freedombird, HCF01, jdizzle, northspeter

Is ii legal NCAA wise for alums to contact recruits? Just worried it might be some kind of minor violation.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Is ii legal NCAA wise for alums to contact recruits? Just worried it might be some kind of minor violation.
    Worth it.
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

It definitely is against the rules and I'm sure he got a message from OU compliance last night or this morning. I doubt anything actually comes of it though. It's technically a violation for fans to contact recruits via social media and that's happening around the clock.

Certain rules need to be broken. It's like when a lawyer says some incriminating shit and the judge tells the jury to disregard it. The impression GK left in Wilson's mind is way worth whatever minor finger-wag comes of it. Besides, the NCAA should be too busy closing down that **** factory in Waco to worry about what former OU players are doing on their private twitter accounts.
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

Didn't AD do this a while back??

Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
    Didn't AD do this a while back??
    He did for Mixon I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by HCF01 View Post
    Greg Rogers needs a shout out from GM as well, that will definitely make me happy !!
    2 users like VA_Sooner's post: HCF01, Lake_Bum

A violation on who? OU has no control over what alums and HS player do on Twitter.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    A violation on who? OU has no control over what alums and HS player do on Twitter.
    McCoy counts as a booster.

Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    McCoy counts as a booster.
    What about all the Slap Dicks who text him or fans from other schools? Does the NCAA have time to examine each and every one to see if they have made any type of donation to a School, which would make them a Booster?
    2 users like BernieMadoff's post: HCF01, Vodnik

Originally Posted by BernieMadoff View Post
    What about all the Slap Dicks who text him or fans from other schools? Does the NCAA have time to examine each and every one to see if they have made any type of donation to a School, which would make them a Booster?
    Well, because Gerald Mccoy is not some slapdick fan, he is an all pro lineman...
    4 users like jdizzle's post: chris9996, Hang Half a Hundred, Nashvegas, Vodnik

Originally Posted by htownSOONER View Post
    Worth it.
    What is NCAA going to do? Luck him up? Once you are out of school NCAA can't do jack.
    The following users like this post: Vodnik

Trivia God
    There is no off position on the Genius Switch.

Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Well, because Gerald Mccoy is not some slapdick fan, he is an all pro lineman...

In the NCAA Rulebook their is no difference between Slap Dick Fans who Tweet those kids and an All Pro Defensive Lineman.

A Booster is a Booster is a Booster.
    The following users like this post: Vodnik

Originally Posted by BernieMadoff View Post
    In the NCAA Rulebook their is no difference between Slap Dick Fans who Tweet those kids and an All Pro Defensive Lineman.

A Booster is a Booster is a Booster.
    Name recognition matters, though.

OU can't encourage the contact.. at least outwardly & openly they can't... Beyond that, the NCAA can't & won't do anything about it...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: OU48A

I think if the former player knows the recruit from before recruiting--like from camps or something-- then everything is kosher with the NCAA rules.

Either way, I agree that OUr legends should be doing this more. If a minor violation helps get the best player(s) in the country here, then violate away. Violate the hell out of that twitter.
    2 users like soonerlarry's post: Clwright0331, sovasooner

Originally Posted by soonerlarry View Post
    I think if the former player knows the recruit from before recruiting--like from camps or something-- then everything is kosher with the NCAA rules.

Either way, I agree that OUr legends should be doing this more. If a minor violation helps get the best player(s) in the country here, then violate away. Violate the hell out of that twitter.
    AD did this with Mixon right?
    The following users like this post: Clwright0331

https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/s...84577790652417

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Good news for sure.
    If Thibs gets Marvin Wilson, he will move into the Top 3 of the best hires of the Stoops era.

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post

I haven't been holding my breath on this one for a while now. We went after him, but I don't think we ever really moved into his Top 3.

I'm with Nash: as long as he doesn't end up at Texas, I'm cool.

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    I haven't been holding my breath on this one for a while now. We went after him, but I don't think we ever really moved into his Top 3.

What I don't get is going to Texas (if he ever commits there). They signed a lot of DT's last year (taking a few we wanted), and we signed how many? We need him.

When uterus goes 7-5 he will move on

Good news for sure.

Originally Posted by Free electron View Post
    It sounded good?

It sounded good?
    he ain't coming here

Lol @ drawing conclusions from a single tweet
    4 users like GoonerSooner's post: BernieMadoff, BobStoopsGinger, northspeter, whiskeytangofoxtrot

This kid gets every teams hopes up. He ain't showing his cards. We have a good chance to get him. But for
    Some reason I think he goes to to the SEC.

With all the hype im getting the feeling he might end up like jmac. Which isn't he a ga now?

Sent from my 7040T using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Sooner7926

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

Oklahoma is in his Top 5. I don't think a school stands out for Wilson.